Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Election Quotes

Quotes About Elections / Voting
  • Everything is changing. People are taking comedians seriously and politicians as a joke. –Will Rogers
  • Government is too big and too important to be left to the politicians. –Chester Bowles
  • If you are not scared, you are not paying attention. - Patricia Seultz
  • Jesus began his Church as a FAMILY. It changed to an institution in Rome, a political view in Europe, & a business in America. –Rick Warren
  • Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790); US politician and scientist.
  • The 7 modern sins: politics without principles, pleasures without conscience, wealth without work, knowledge without character, industry without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. –Canon Frederic Donaldson
  • The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid. - Art Spander
  • These things will destroy the human race: politics without principle, progress without compassion, wealth without work, learning without silence, religion without fearlessness and worship without awareness. Anthony de Mello
  • To succeed in politics often requires rising above your principles.
  • Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. –H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
  • What's real in politics is what the voters decide is real. Ben J. Wattenberg
  • When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. --BENJAMIN FRANKLIN




 


#Vote
#Voted
#Voting
#Polling
#Polled
#Polls

Clickable Links

Acts 14:23 and having appointed to them by vote elders in every assembly, having prayed with fastings, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed.
2 Corinthians 8:19 and not only so, but who was also appointed by vote by the assemblies, our fellow-traveler, with this favor that is ministered by us, unto the glory of the same Lord, and your willing mind;
Acts 26:10 I actually did this in Jerusalem, and I locked up many of the saints in prison, since I had received authority for that from the chief priests. When they were put to death, I cast my vote against them.
Job 31:21 if I ever cast my vote against a fatherless child when I saw that I had support in the city gate,
Acts 26:10 And that is just what I did in Jerusalem. On the authority of the chief priests, I put many of the Lord’s people in prison, and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them.
Deuteronomy 1:13 ESV Choose for your tribes wise, understanding, and experienced men, and I will appoint them as your heads.’
Romans 13:1-14 ESV Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. ...
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/words/Vote/sort/popular




No comments: