Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2023

Regrets Quotes

Quotes About Regret
  • Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience. Victoria Holt
  • Be too busy to have time for regrets. Angela Wright
  • A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. John Barrymore 
  • Don't regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. Unknown
  • Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success. Louisa May Alcott
  • Speak when you are angry--and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret. Laurence J. Peter
  • Happiness is essentially a state of going somewhere, wholeheartedly, one-directionally, without regret or reservation. William H. Sheldon
  • Gain happiness by living in the present - without regret for the past or fear of the future. Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • When one door closes another one opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. Alexander Graham Bell 1847-1922, Inventor
  • The New Testament Greek word for repent means to stop traveling in one direction and turn 180 degrees around. While this New Testament word also communicates that one should feel sorrow and regret for his or her sin, the stress is on turning around and traveling back. Repentance is returning to God in whose likeness we are created. To repent is to begin the journey homeward. Harriet Crosby (A Place Called Home)
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence. Xenocrates
  • You'll regret opening your mouth.  You'll rarely regret keeping it shut. Max Lucado 
  • Sin is not an unfortunate slip or a regrettable act; it is a posture of defiance against a holy God. Max Lucado
  • If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have no day to be thankful for.

https://youtu.be/hIRpeJSEmNU






#Regret
#Regrets
#Regretful
#Regretting
#Regretted
#Remorse
#Repentance
#Sorry
#Sorrow
#Grieved
#Deplore
Matthew 27:3 Then Judas, who had betrayed him, regretted what had happened when he saw that Jesus was condemned. He brought the 30 pieces of silver back to the high priests and elders,
2 Corinthians 7:8 (NIV) Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it—I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while—
2 Corinthians 7:10 (NIV) Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
1 Samuel 15:11 “I regret that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions.” Samuel was angry, and he cried out to the Lord all that night.
Philippians 3:13 ESV Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/words/Regretted/sort/popular

Explore Spiritual Reflections


Songs



You Think About it!
Kevin Rayner





No comments: