Friday, February 03, 2012
Quotes about Beauty
- Beauty is God’s handwriting—a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beauty, unaccompanied by virtue, is as a flower without perfume. --French Proverb
- God’s fingers can touch nothing but to mould it into loveliness. --George Macdonald
- The beautiful can have but one source . . . God. --Arthur Schopenhauer
- The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express. --Francis Bacon
- The perception of beauty is a moral test. --Henry David Thoreau
- The lover knows much more about absolute good and universal beauty than logician or theologian, unless the latter, too, be lovers in disguise George Santayana (1863-1952)
- Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity. Plato
- You are to gather up the joys and sorrows, the struggles, the beauty, love, dreams and hopes of every hour that they may be consecrated at the altar of daily life. MacRina Wiederkehr
- Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see Beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see Beauty never grows old. Frank Kafka
- "I don't think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that remains." --Anne Frank
- "People are like stained glass windows -- the true beauty can be seen only when there is light from within. The darker the night, the brighter the windows." -Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- "Beauty is in the eye of it's beholder." --Unknown
- "Beauty Parlor: A place where women curl up and dye." --Aiken Drum
Thursday, February 02, 2012
Quotes about Apologetics / Apology / Apologizing
- Happy is he who dares courageously to defend what he loves. Ovid
- An apology is saying the right thing after doing the wrong thing.
- Humble pie is the only pastry that’s never tasty.
- Age 51: I've learned that when you have an argument with your spouse, the first one who says, "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings; please forgive me," is the winner.