Search This Blog

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Hardship Quotes

Quotes About Hardship

  • Adversity is like a strong wind. I don't mean just that it holds us back from places we might otherwise go. It also tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that afterward we see ourselves as we really are, and not merely as we might like to be. ― Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
  • And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about. ― Haruki Murakami
  • God does not lead His children around hardship, but leads them straight through hardship. But He leads! And amidst the hardship, He is nearer to them than ever before. --Otto Dibelius
  • I have felt pain, I have endured hardship, I have suffered loss of loved ones and I have memories I want to forget. However, these things have made me stronger and today I face the world with a smile, because I know things will always get better and those who love me will always be there for me.
  • I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ― Thomas A. Edison
  • I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
  • No obstacles fell in his way that seemed to him insurmountable. He might be defeated, as he sometimes was, but he shrank from no hardship through impatience, he fled from no danger through cowardice. -- J. P. Morgan writing about Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful. - Zig Ziglar 
  • The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people. – Randy Pausch
  • The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it. – Moliere
  • The most beautiful people I've known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. ― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
  • There are very few certainties that touch us all in this mortal experience, but one of the absolutes is that we will experience hardship and stress at some point.
  • What ought one to say then as each hardship comes? I was practicing for this, I was training for this. --Epictitus
  • When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.  --Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. – Maya Angelou
  • You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life. – Joel Osteen
  • No one would have crossed the ocean if he could have gotten off the ship in the storm. --CHARLES KETTERING
  • Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times. --G. MICHAEL HOPF
  • Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. --ALEXANDRE DUMAS







Search videos from my church family
Search John Maxwell's Podcast
Search John Maxwell's Video




#Hardship
#Hardships
#Endure
#Distress
#Adversity
#Storms
#Trouble

Clickable Links
Explore the Topic

Scriptures
Romans 5:3 And not only this, but [with joy] let us exult in our sufferings and rejoice in our hardships, knowing that hardship (distress, pressure, trouble) produces patient endurance;
2 Timothy 1:8 Be not ashamed therefore of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but suffer hardship with the gospel according to the power of God;
2 Timothy 4:5 But as for you, be serious about everything, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
James 1:2-4 ESV Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
John 15:18-20 ESV “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
Romans 8:35-39 ESV Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1 Peter 4:13 ESV But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.
2 Timothy 2:3 ESV Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:28 ESV And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Romans 15:4 ESV For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
2 Timothy 3:12 ESV Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
Jonah 1:4 Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up. 5 All the sailors were afraid and each cried out to his own god. And they threw the cargo into the sea to lighten the ship.
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/words/Hardship/sort/popular
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Hardship

Explore Spiritual Reflections

Songs


You Think About It!
Kevin Rayner


No comments: