Quotes about Accountability
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Friday, May 17, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Monday, May 13, 2013
Quotes about Education
- A library is a gateway to others' minds, hearts, and lives. Tamora Pierce
- Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. John Dewey
- Education is the best provision for the journey to old age. Aristotle (384-322BC); Greek philosopher.
- Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. HG Wells
- I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx (1890-1977); US actor.
- There are obviously two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live. James Truslow Adams
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
Thursday, May 09, 2013
Quotes about Mothers / Moms
- . . . many in today's world are attempting to communicate that having children, being a wife and mother can never lead to fulfillment. This, of course, is in direct contradiction to the Scriptures and it runs counter to God's principles. - Gene Getz
- A suburban mother's role is to deliver children - obstetrically once and by car forever after. - Peter De Vries.
- A woman, who creates and sustains a home, and under whose hands children grow up to be strong and pure men and women, is a creator second only to God. - Helen Hunt Jackson.
- All mothers are rich when they love their children. There are no poor mothers, no ugly ones, no old ones. Their love is always the most beautiful of joys. -- Maurice Maeterlinck (1862-1949) Novelist and essayist
- All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. - Abraham Lincoln
- Children turn into people. They speak rationally if aloofly, lecture you on your manners, condescend to teach you about eclectic criticism, and incline to get married. And there you are, left with all that learning you have so painfully accumulated in twenty-odd years and with no more progeny on whom to lavish it. - Phyllis McGinley
- It is . . . sometimes easier to head an institute for the study of child guidance than it is to turn one brat into a decent human being. - Joseph Wood Krutch
- Let France have good mothers and she will have good sons. - Napoleon Bonaparte
- Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. -- Elizabeth Stone
- Mothering is a very absorbing occupation when little people in a household multiply, and how well a woman handles those demands depends on her sense of personhood. -Gladys M. Hunt.
- One of the easiest traps for a mother to fall into is that of over-caring for her family to the exclusion of outsiders. To take care of your family is, in itself, a good thing. But it falls far short of God's love, because it can quickly become an exclusive kind of love. - Eugenia Price.
- She had listened to nothing, but mothers hear certain things without listening. -- Victor Hugo
- Sooner or later we all quote our mothers. -- Bern Williams
- The heart of a Mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you always find forgiveness. -- Honore de Balzac
- The mother who listens to all the unfunny 'knock-knock' jokes and the vivid description of the student who threw up in the lunchroom is the same mother who will be listening as her teenager tells her about his classmates who are trying marijuana and going to motels. - Sandra Humphrey
- The mother-child relationship is paradoxical and in a sense tragic. It requires the most intense love on the mother's side, yet this very love must help the child grow away from the mother, and to become fully independent. - Erich Fromm
- The phrase 'working mother' is redundant. -- Jane Sellman
- There are few jobs, if any, that carry as much significance as that of being a mother. - Dick Innes
- What the mother sings to the cradle goes all the way to the coffin. Henry Ward Beecher.
- When a woman is twenty, a child deforms her; when he is thirty, he preserves her; and when forty he makes her young again. - Leon Blum
- When we soberly face the demands of motherhood, we may well be driven to despair or evasion, nonetheless the creative urge is undeniably there. - Elaine Stedman
- Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; a mother's secret hope outlives them all. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Quotes about Desire
- God can change our circumstances, but sometimes He waits for us to show real desire for change as well as our faith in Him Anne Graham Lotz
- God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill all His promises . . . leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself. Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. Oriah Mountain Dreamer
- It isn't sufficient just to want, you've got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want. Richard D. Rosen
- To desire is to obtain; to aspire is to achieve. James Allen
- We can always redeem the man who aspires and strives. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Monday, May 06, 2013
Quotes about Dreams
- In order to discover new lands, one must be willing to lose sight of the shore for a very long time. Andre Gide (1869-1951) French Writer
- Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung
- What corporate culture boils down to is the ability to get your people to say "our company." Daniel Gilbert Business executive
- You can't just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream; you've got to get out there and make it happen for yourself. Diana Ross
- First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. Epictetus (55-135 AD) Roman Philosopher
- There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts being broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream - whatever that dream might be. Pearl S. Buck
- The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - we must step up the stairs. Vance Havner
- A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.
- At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable. Christopher Reeve (1952-2004) American Actor
- Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. Langston Hughes