Quotes about Freedom
- All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honor; duty; mercy; hope. -- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) British Politician
- Our greatest happiness in life does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits. -- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) Third President of the United States
- Wealth still failed to impress him; the purpose of money was to purchase one's freedom to pursue that which was useful and interesting. -- H. W. Brands, in his biography of Benjamin Franklin.
- Freedom, in childhood, may be the right to be totally self-centered. ... But freedom in old age is the ability to be the best of the self I have developed during all those years. ~ Joan Chittister (The Gift of Years)
- We find freedom when we find God; we lose it when we lose Him. — Paul E. Scherer
- May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right. - Peter Marshall