Search This Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Forbearance Quotes

Quotes About Forbearance 

  • Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. --Ieyasu Tokugawa, Japanese Statesman (1543-1616)
  • It is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity toward each other. --James Madison
  • God, teach me to be patient, teach me to go slow, Teach me how to wait on You when my way I do not know. Teach me sweet forbearance when things do not go right So I remain unruffled when others grow uptight. Teach me how to quiet my racing, rising heart So I might hear the answer You are trying to impart. Teach me to let go, dear God, and pray undisturbed until My heart is filled with inner peace and I learn to know your will. --Helen Steiner Rice




Search videos from my church family
Search John Maxwell's Podcast
Search John Maxwell's Video
Explore Spiritual Reflections for Forbearance
Search Leadership Freak for Forbearance
#Forbear
#Forbears
#Forbearer
#Forbearing
#Long-suffering
#Patience

Forbearance
FORBEARANCE, n.
1. The act of avoiding, shunning or omitting; either the cessation or intermission of an act commenced, or a withholding from beginning an act. Liberty is the power of doing or forbearing an action, according as the doing or forbearance has a preference in the mind. The forbearance of sin is followed with satisfaction of mind.
2. Command of temper; restraint of passions.
3. The exercise of patience; long-suffering; indulgence towards those who injure us; lenity; delay of resentment or punishment.
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness, and forbearance, and long-suffering? Rom 2.


Clickable Links
Explore the Topic

Scriptures
Proverbs 25:15 (MSG) Patient persistence pierces through indifference; gentle speech breaks down rigid defenses.
Proverbs 25:14 (MSG) Like billowing clouds that bring no rain is the person who talks big but never produces.
Romans 3:25 - whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
Romans 2:4 - Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
Jeremiah 15:15 - O LORD, you know; remember me and visit me, and take vengeance for me on my persecutors. In your forbearance take me not away; know that for your sake I bear reproach.
Job 16:6 - “If I speak, my pain is not assuaged, and if I forbear, how much of it leaves me?

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Forbearance
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/search?q=Forbearance
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/words/Forbearance/sort/popular



You Think About It!
Kevin Rayner


No comments: